ELAC - English Learner Advisory Committee
LMHS' ELAC has six primary responsibilities:
- Advise the principal and school staff on the programs and services provided to English learners;
- Advise the school site council (SSC) on the development of the school plan;
- Assist with the school’s needs assessment;
- Assist with the school’s annual language census (R-30 Language Report)
- Assist with the school’s effort to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance; and
- If the district has 51 or more English learners, the ELAC must elect a representative to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC).
For ELAC members to advise the principal and staff on the programs and services provided to English learners, committee members need to understand:
- The program and services that are currently offered;
- Available fiscal and human resources;
- Academic achievement results of students participating in the program; and
- What options are or are not available.