La Mirada Mission and Vision
La Mirada High School provides a welcoming environment that uses data driven research based
instructional strategies and Standards-Based curriculum to nurture creativity, foster critical thinking
and encourage collaboration to prepare all students to be college and career ready in a 21st century
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs):
Through its standard based curriculum and extensive co-curricular program, La Mirada High School
will prepare its graduates to be:
● Knowledgeable young adults who demonstrate proficiency and show growth in the California
content standards and in critical thinking and collaboration.
● Responsible citizens who exemplify personal integrity, respect diversity, and resolve
● Productive young adults who set priorities and achievable goals and who contribute time and
talent to improve the quality of life in the school and community.
● Proficient in the use of technology to compete in a 21st Century workforce.
NLMUSD Mission Statement
Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, in collaboration with parents and community, shall develop
in all students the knowledge, understanding, skills, and attitudes to empower them to become lifelong
learners and productive citizens in an ever-changing world. This will be accomplished in a climate
that promotes high expectations, strives to meet individual needs and values diversity.
Where EVERY student is given EVERY opportunity to demonstrate EXCELLENCE!
District Focus Areas:
● High Quality Teaching and Learning
● Research-Based Instructional Practices
● College & Career Readiness
Board of Education LCAP Goals:
1) Engaging and Responsive Climate and Culture
2) College & Career Ready Graduates
3) Exemplary Staff
4) Parent and Community Engagement
5) Access to Rigorous Instruction